One of the things you must have when preparing for a baby is to have an aid kit. It depends on you how big it will be. Anyway, you need to cover some basics. You can build it from scratch, or you could get a prepacked aid kit. Well, this is a great option, but probably will not have all you need, so you will have to top it up with some extras.
When I prepared my first baby aid kit, I tried to cover just the basic things that will need from day one. And was sufficient. I didn’t need more for the first year. But you have to consult your pediatrician if you have any concerns.
And here is the list for baby aid kit:
What you must have
– Digital thermometer
– Saline drops
– Sterile gauze
– Vitamin D – is essential for immune support, skeletal health, and inflammation. It’s very important to get more safe sun exposure, but in certain seasons and climates, this is not doable. That’s why you need to give your baby more vitamin D. You will speak with your pediatrician about it. I only could share that I am very satisfied with this Vitamin D, I still give it to my 11 months daughter.
– Vitamin C – It’s also a very important vitamin and good for immune support too. I give vitamin C to my kid from time to time, when the weather is very cold or someone around us gets sick.
What I recommend you have
– Calendula salve – this is for skin support and general skin issues. Very helpful too.
– Coconut oil – we using coconut oil for so many things and for the baby too. I use it instead of baby lotion in the first 4 months. After that, I tried this baby cocoa butter lotion and still using it. Speaking of oils, also I would recommend cocoa oil or products with cocoa butter in them because it is very good for the skin.
– Camilia and Chamomilla – these are amazing natural teething remedies.
– Essential oils – you can use them for many issues. In my opinion, they are great natural gifts and helpful if we know how to use the right. I bought it for my baby kit only eucalyptus oil, for now. I use it from time to time.
– Schuessler salts – I have all 12 mineral salts because I am using them for myself as well. And for sure I would recommend getting at least cell salt 4 Ferr Phos (in Europe is number 3). It’s iron phosphate. You can give it if the baby has a high temperature, also can use it for the teething period or if the baby has a cold. They are safe for babies, children, pregnant, and nursing moms. Just have in mind that in America they are referenced with different numbers than in Europe. So, when you order check the name of the cell salt you looking for. I have used it successfully during the last two months of my pregnancy because I had low hemoglobin.
Keep in mind that natural products are good and help the immune system as well as boosting our body at first symptoms of a cold or illness.
They do not replace medical advice from a doctor in serious conditions and medication if necessary.
I hope this article has been helpful to you! I would love it if you leave a comment or share it! Thank you!